This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Hidden at the bottom of a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it wooden staircase that cuts through the surrounding greenery, Little Bay Beach is a gorgeous stretch of powdery sand and sparkling, clear blue water. Nestled into a natural arc of trees, grass and rocks, Little Bay has a very unspoilt feel – perfect for those who want to escape the city for a day.
How to Find Little Bay Beach
Stroll behind the Nurses War Memorial Chapel (set back behind Lister Avenue and Coast Hospital Road), and you’ll spot a pathway running parallel to the coast, a marker for Little Bay Beach and the start of the wooden staircase. Head all the way down the steps and you’ll find yourself in paradise.
Things to Do at Little Bay Beach
- SWIM – in the calm and crystal clear water
- SNORKEL OR SCUBA DIVE – a group were learning to scuba dive the day that I visited
- PLAY – at the children’s playground in Coast Hospital Memorial Park
- WALK – the nearby Cape Banks Firetrail if you want to add a hike to your daily activities
Amenities at Little Bay Beach
- TOILET, SHOWER, DRINKING FOUNTAIN – halfway along the staircase down to the beach
Food & Drink
- 2036 LB Beach Café at 2 Coast Hospital Road.
- Piccola Baia & The Green Olive Restaurant (see picture below) on the corner of Brodie Avenue & Pine Avenue, near the Foodworks supermarket.
- Free, unrestricted road parking on the residential streets. Head to Lister St and Murra Murra Place for an easy stroll to the beach.
- Multiple buses will take you from Sydney CBD down to Anzac Parade near Little Bay Road in around 40 minutes. From there it’s only about a 700m walk to the beach. Check the trip planner here.
Enjoy Sydney everyone!
Like it? Pin it!